RECIPE: Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Jamón Serrano
It’s been a while since I shared a quick recipe with you, so I want to share something that’s really easy to make and one of my favourite traditional Spanish breakfast – scrambled eggs with spinach and jamón serrano (revuelto con espinaca y jamón).
My husband prefers this to be served in a bocadillo, but I find it far too heavy to be eaten with thick bread. I much prefer to have a plate with just a few slices crusty bread on the side. But however, you want to serve it, it’s a very healthy and quick way fill up during almuerzo!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 blocks of frozen spinach or two handfuls of fresh ones (remove the stems)
- 4 slices of jamon serrano sliced into thin pieces
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat up a deep pan and add the olive oil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat for a few seconds until it’s well mixed, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fry the jamón serrano for about 3 minutes. (I like it a little crispy on the side so I add a few more seconds)
- If you are using frozen spinach, defrost by putting in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
- Add the spinach to the pan with the jamon. Once the spinach starts to go limp add eggs and mix together well for 3 -4 minutes until the eggs cook through. Season more depending on your taste.
- Serve in a bocadillo or a plate with slices of crusty bread