This week has been scorchingly hot. With temperatures reaching up to 38ºc we have been trying all sort to keep refreshed and watered. My six year old had a brilliant idea to make a lemonade stand outside the house.
Living in the country is not the best location for his little business venture, but I’m not the kind to discourage a good idea. So, I suggested that instead, we should make a lemonade stand right in our back garden, that way, we can still make and pretend. It didn’t take much persuading from me and soon enough we headed out to pick lemons, ready to make our really easy and simple lemonade!
This recipe will serve 6-8 people. Preparation time 15 mins.
- 140 g white sugar
- 760 ml water
- 140 ml lemon juice (5-6 medium size lemons)
- 2o or more ice cubes
two slices of lemons cut in half
- Squeeze the lemons, remove the seeds but leave in the pulp. Set aside.
- Place the sugar in a microwavable jug and add enough water (about 100ml) to cover, place in the microwave for about 1 minute or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the lemon juice into a large jug, add the syrup mixture and stir.
- Add a few ice cubes to cool the mixture, mix well and add the rest of the water in the jug, keep stirring and add the rest of the ice cubes.
- Add the slices of lemon and enjoy!
You can also adjust the sweetness of the lemonade by adding more water or ice depending on your taste.